Sunday, May 16, 2010

Why mom forces me to read the devotional - Mom's assignment

Every morning my mom reminds me and my sister to read a devotional that has scripture and an article for everyday of the year. My mom won't allow us to do anything else if we haven't read our devotional for the day and prayed. So sometimes when we turn on the tv or use the computer before reading the devotional, she forces us to read it even though we don't want to.

I think that she forces us to read the devotional because like forcing us to make our blogs, she wants us to develop constructive habits that will help us in our life. But in the case of the devotional, she wants us to develop a habit that will build a strong and solid relationship with God.

She also forces us to read our devotional and make a blog about it because she wants us to reflect on the article for the day and make us realize how we can apply it in our life by praying and asking God how we can do it.

Most of the time, when we don't leave the house, my sister and I spend most of our time watching tv, playing video games, and using the computer.I think she wants us to do something more productive and constructive so that we don't spend most of our time on our electronics. Making our blogs about the devotional article of the day also helps us practice our writing and grammar.

Everyday we can enjoy all our blessings like the computer, tv, and etc. I think that mom wants us to take time every morning by reading the devotional every morning to thank God for all the blessings he has given us and thank him we can enjoy them everyday.

The devotional also tells me how I can have a better life and how I can ask God to help me through everyday problems and struggles. Some of the examples are like the other posts in this blog because my mom wants me to post what i've learned and how i can apply it in my life.

Mom can get really annoying sometimes and sometimes gets me pissed but even though I feel that way, I know that mom just wants us to have the best and that she's doing it for our own good. So i appreciate what he does for us even when she forces us to make essays like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment