Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What I learned from the National book store success story

After reading this story, I learned that I have to start building characteristics like being hardworking, diligent, persevering, and determined so that I can achieve greater things when I grow up.

In this story, I read that Maria Socorro Cancio learned to become more hardworking and diligent because even as a child, she had already started working at a candy factory and had summer jobs because their family had financial problems.

Then when I read that she had to start National Bookstore from scratch 3 times: First, during the Japanese occupation; Second, during the American occupation; And third, when a typhoon blew away their store’s roof and left all their supplies soaking wet. I learned that I have to be determined and persevering.

No comments:

Post a Comment